open-end-music-professional  

Zurück   open-end-music-professional > Trinaurale Hörkultur > Trinaurale Erlebnisse
Startseite Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Trinaurale Erlebnisse Berichte und Hörerfahrungen im Zusammenhang mit der trinauralen Wiedergabe

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 14.01.2008, 12:55
Claus B Claus B ist offline

Standard AW: Ich glaub ich probier's ...

Hallo Milon,

Das trinaurale Konzept ala"Bongiorno" hat wirklich nichts mit den "Dreikanalfunktionen"eines Surrounddecoders zu tun!Diese kannst Du im Vergleich vergessen!Bei Audionet heißt das Dreikanal und ist in der Wiedergabe viel schlechter (klingt total gekünstelt).

@Winfried

Problem ist in Deinen Aufbau a.) Das Möbel! B.) Würde ich keinen Center nehmen,sondern noch eine dritte gleichwertige Standbox.

Gruß

Claus
Alt 14.01.2008, 13:23

Hallo,

hier noch mal den sehr lesenswerten Beitrag(Auszug) des Kollegen aus den USA zum Thema.Dürfte mit mir, einer der wenigen Händler sein,der sich intensiv mit dem "trinauralen hören" beschäftigt.(Er war bestimmt der erste der sich damit befasst hat)
Gruß
Claus

I started the process by putting the Trinaural into my standard demo Stereo/Home Theater system. The front half of this system consisted of VMPS RM40s, LRC, Ampzilla monoblocs, Marsh P2000B pre-amp, and a Pioneer Elite SACD/DVD-A/CD player.
When using the Trinaural, I had to bring my Left/Right speaker out just a little from their normal position so that everything was perfectly equidistant. I then used an SPL meter to make sure the balance on my pre-amp was still correct. I then hooked the Trinaural into the path and used the SPL meter to balance the Center with the Left/Right (that is, after I was able to get the ground loop out of my system caused by adding the Trinaural into the chain ;-). After about an hour of moving, cabling, and AC detective work, I was finally ready to listen.
When I first heard the sound, it immediately reminded me of CES. It was still a little different but not fantastic. The center channel seemed a little hot and the side channels seemed beamy. However, I had been told by James Bongiorno to expect this and that it was 100% normal. However, another thing I immediately noticed was that I could distinctly hear more of the music. This wasn't just a relatively small difference like you would expect when changing cables/interconnect, this was major difference like changing speakers!!! Background harmonies that I typically struggle to hear on good systems (or can't hear at all on lesser systems), were fully present from first to last note. Wow, that was interesting. Since I knew that it would take my ear/brain a while to adjust to the "new" sound (James suggests up to two weeks of periodic listening), I sat in my listening chair and casually listened/read a book for a few hours.
After about an hour or so, the center channel finally started to loose its perceived "loudness/brightness". After about another two hours, the beamyness of the Left/Right speakers started to subside and the space between the speakers started to fill in. At this point, I would say that the overall "enjoyment" of the system was about the same as when I was set up for Stereo. Some things were better (could hear more music), some things were about the same (soundstage), and some things were slightly worse (voices had slightly less warmth). I also learned at this point that I could move virtually the entire width of the Left/Right speakers with almost no change in the sound. The idea of a single sweet spot 6 inches wide directly between the speakers is a thing of the past. For about a 3 foot area I could hear virtually no difference in imaging and even outside that the difference was amazingly small.
After a good nights sleep and another few hours of listening, things changed even more. The continuous soundstage now started to have more depth. While the RM40s are no slouch in this area to begin with, I now felt like it was three times the depth I was used too. At this point, the "enjoyment" factor was definitely tilted in favor of the Trinaural. What was even more amazing was that after another day of listening the sound seemed to change again!!! Our brains are definitely a very funny thing. By day 3 the soundstage had spread beyond the speakers. At this point I can truthfully say that I had never heard any system, at any price, that sounded as good as what I was hearing (and I have heard 100s of systems ranging from a few hundred dollars to a a few hundred thousand dollars). Was it perfect? No. Voices were still a little thin but all the other attributes more than made up for that fact.
Because of this imperfection, I decided to take the next step. Since I did not have any demos scheduled for a few days, I decided to totally re-organize the room for an absolute optimal Trinaural setup. My best guess as to why voices sounded a little thin was that I was used to listening to vocals being produced by a total of eight Neo Panels (4 each on the Left and Right speaker) but now I was listen only via one (the single Neo panel in the LRC). Simple problem, simple solution. Use an RM40 for my center channel:
When I hit play with this system, all I could do was sit and listen in amazement. Playing Mahler's 6th-Tragic by Zander was truly amazing. I felt like I was sitting in the third row at the symphony. Width, depth, and clarity were like nothing I had ever heard before. A jazz CD like Trio Jeepy by Branford Marsalis is absolutely amazing since each instrument (sax, drums, and upright bass) is rendered by a separate speaker. Male and female voices were now stunning. Natalie McMasters and Dianna Krall were both breathtaking. Having had the opportunity to sit in on actual recording studio sessions of some of my test CDs, there were actually a few cases in which I thought this system sounded better then when I listened to the performance live in the studio!!!!!
The funny thing is that if anyone were to walk into the room just then, they would not have enjoyed it nearly as much as I was. I could just imagine someone saying "The emperor has no cloths!!" ;-) The fact was, that at that point, the way I heard music was physically and psychologically different than anyone else. As such, I can only imagine what the naysayers on the forums are going to say about this product (at least those that have not heard it themselves). My guess is that ultimately someone will have to take "before" and "after" brain scans for most people to understand and believe the actual ear/brain changes going on. The best thing I can associate this with is the Atkins diet. After a few weeks of not eating carbohydrates, your body will actually change the process it uses for storing and burning energy (a physical change you can verify by urinating on a special paper to see if fat burning ketones are present in your system).
After all my ravings on how wonderful the Trinaural sounds, the obvious question is "What negatives did you find?". I would like to say absolutely none but unfortunately I cannot. I did notice a few things that people should be aware of:
1) After listening to a significant number of CDs/SACDs, I have noticed that a small percentage of songs (less than 5%) sound a little congested/flat in the center channel. Using a friends demo tracks (he owns a recording studio), we were able to surmise that the use of digitally mastered delay seems to be the cause. What is this? Sometimes in the recording process the mixer only has a mono source of an instrument. If they want the instrument to be presented hard right or left but also have some width to the music, they will digitally copy the mono source and then delay it by 5 to 15 ms in the opposite speaker (this "trick" is not considered an industry best practice). I have no idea how/why but the Trinaural tries to pull both images to the center which can then overpower the melody. Poor recording technique is more to blame than the Trinaural but this can still be a little frustrating especially if Sting's new CD is your favorite.
2) There seems to be an ever so slight loss of recorded echo/reverb. On Natalie McMaster's SACD "In My Hands" tract 10, I can clearly hear a trailing room echo when listening in Stereo (i.e., she was recording in a large/live room). This echo is significantly fainter when using the Trinaural. I have been unable to determine if this "echo" is being filtered out or just being covered up by the additional "music" that can now be heard. So far, this has been the only song on any of the CDs/SACDs that I have listened to that I have noticed this.
3) There are a couple of cosmetic idiosyncrasies with the unit (but they do not effect the music at all). The parts manufacturers somehow got the blueprints upside down so the Left/Right switch used for balancing the speakers is backwards, the Right input jacks are white and the Left input jacks are red, and the balanced input plugs are upside down. All these things only come into play on initial set-up and do not effect the performance in any way.
4) As my experience showed, the center channel is now the most important speaker in the system. If you have fantastic Left/Right speakers but a poor center channel, you will likely be unhappy with the Trinaural. The center channel needs to be at least as good if not better than the side channels. If the center channel is only "as good" or does not have the full frequency response of the Left/Right channels, the use of a separate subwoofer is advisable. The Trinaural has subwoofer outputs for this situation.
5) The final obvious negative is that it takes time to get used to. Switching back and forth between Stereo and Trinaural is not advisable due to the ear/brain effect. As such, there is no "easy" way to switch to Stereo with the Trinaural. However, the Trinaural does have a second set of bypass inputs that allow you to easily hook up your multi-channel SACD or Home Theater processor. I noticed no obvious negative effect when listening to multi-channel SACDs or watching movies through the Trinaural.
Summary
The Trinaural Processor is a revolutionary product with the potential to break through the "sonic barrier" that most high-end two channel systems are approaching today. The Trinaural is capable of delivering more musical clarity, depth, and soundstage than I previously thought possible.
So the real question is "Who should buy this?".
1) For an Audiophile with a dedicate room who does not watch movies, the Trinaural Processor is an absolute no-brainer. For many audiophiles that already have great systems, incremental 1% changes often cost a great deal of money. For these individuals, the Trinaural is a revolutionary product that will give them a 10%-15% increase in performance for less than they would spend on a single speaker cable (assuming they have an extra speaker or two stashed away somewhere as many do ;-).
2) The Trinaural is also an easy choice for Home Theater enthusiasts that already have a great center channel but only moderate/good front L/R speakers. The overall benefit could be greater with a Trinaural than spending equal or even significantly more money on the L/R speakers.
3) Individuals with front speakers that have good timbre but may not image overly well can greatly benefit from the Trinaural (in fact, the relative performance increase seems to be greater for lower-end speakers than the higher-end speakers as demonstrated by Luther's system). Someone just starting out in audio may even want to use the Trinaural as the core component and upgrade around it.
And of course the opposite question, "Who should avoid the Trinaural?"
1) If you currently have fantastic L/R speakers and you have no desire to get a center channel (or a better center channel in the case of many combination Stereo/HT systems), then the Trinaural may not be a fit for you. The center channel is extremely important when using the Trinaural and will dictate the overall performance of the system.
2) If you only use integrated amps without pre-outs and separate pre-inputs, then the Trinaural will not work. The Trinaural must be placed in the path between the pre-amp and the amp.
3) If you routinely have people over to your home to demonstrate your "fantastic sounding system", then the lack of a Stereo bypass might be an issue. Once you are used to the Trinaural, what you hear (great image, soundstage, depth, etc.) and what they hear (hot center channel with beamy side channels) will be very different. However, by careful configuration you can use the bypass inputs to allow for regular Stereo for when your friends come by. Therefore, this is more of a convenience/planning issue than a real limitation.

Happy listening. Julian Turner

Click here to go to the Updated RM/X Trinaural Processor Review

Geändert von Claus B (14.01.2008 um 13:33 Uhr).
Alt 14.01.2008, 14:26
Replace E Replace E ist offline

Hallo Claus!

Bei Gelegenheit höre ich mir das gerne ausführlicher bei dir an!
Die Bereitschaft mich verblüffen zu lassen bringe ich mit!

Gruß!
Alt 14.01.2008, 14:29
Franz Franz ist offline

Claus, ein ganz hervorragender Bericht, der sich endlich einmal vorurteilsfrei über dieses wirklich "andere Hören" beschäftigt. Ich denke auch, daß man Zeit braucht, um die unbestrreitbaren Vorteile dieses Hörens für sich zu realisieren, weil wir alle so sehr geprägt sind von Stereo. Hätte ich den Raum zur Verfügung, wäre ich bestimmt einer der ersten, die sich diesem Hören verschreiben würden, nachdem ich es mal gehört hätte - was ich bei dir aber noch nachhole. Mir ist völlig klar, daß ein sehr gutes System mit einem vollwertigen Mittenlautsprecher einfach besser abbilden kann und muß(!) als herkömmliches Stereo. Und Mehrkanal - sorry Milon - ist für mich Gimmick, nicht meine Sache. Was da alles von hinten kommt....völlig unnatürlich für mich.

Ich erwarte von Trinaural eine völlig andere Ahnung von Raumgeprägtheit. Da sind so viele Informationen auf einem Tonträger, die Trinaural ganz anders erfahrbar machen könnte. Man kann also quasi mitten in der Musik sein, irgendwie holographisch.

Gruß
Franz
Alt 14.01.2008, 15:10
audiohexe audiohexe ist offline
Zickie-Mickie

Hallo Winfried,

wegen der Anmerkung von Milon lass' dich nicht aus dem Konzept bringen.
Natürlich musst du Trinaural einrichten, die Lautsprecher entsprechend hinrücken und eindrehen... und dich einhören.

Aber dann tut sich - vorausgesetzt dein mittlerer Lautsprecher hält, was er verspricht - eine "Wahnsinns"-Bühne auf! Kein neuer Klang, aber ein neues Klangerlebnis. Und: du bist nicht mehr so punktgenau auf den Sweetspot angewiesen wie bei Stereo.

Und nun verstand ich es, das Geheimnis der Musik, ich verstand, warum sie allen anderen Künsten so turmhoch überlegen ist: Es ist ihre Körperlosigkeit.
Wenn sie sich einmal von ihrem Instrument gelöst hat, dann gehört sie wieder ganz sich selbst, ist ein eigenständiges freies Geschöpf aus Schall, schwerelos, körperlos, vollkommen rein und in völligem Einklang mit dem Universum.
(von Walter Moers)
Alt 14.01.2008, 16:29
Replace_01 Replace_01 ist offline

Hallo Franz,

Zitat:
Und Mehrkanal - sorry Milon - ist für mich Gimmick, nicht meine Sache. Was da alles von hinten kommt....völlig unnatürlich für mich.

das zeigt mir,dass du Mehrkanal nicht richtig verstehst.Du weißt doch garnicht was hinten abgemischt wird,oder hast du dich jemals ernsthaft mit der Materie Mehrkanal auseinandergesetzt ? Es ist doch wohl unstrittig,dass das Mittendringefühl erst durch die Rears entsteht.Hier kann man z.B. einen künstlichen Nachhall produzieren,so das man das Gefühl hat eine Orgel wie in einer Kirche wahr zu nehmen.Was bitte ist daran Gimmick ? Eher eine konsequente Umsetzung des Originals,würde ich meinen.
Aber wie gesagt,die meisten haben keinerlei praktische Erfahrungen auf diesem Gebiet,und so kommt es dann zu Eindrücken die weder in der Theorie,noch in der Praxis standhalten können.Franz,eine Mehrkanalanlage(ab 5.0) ist Trinaural turmhoch überlegen.Eine Rundumbeschallung ist durch nichts zu ersetzen.Trinaural empfinde ich als Einstieg in die Mehrkanalszene.So richtig los geht es erst,wenn man sich auch um die rückwärtige Wand kümmert.

Geändert von Replace_01 (14.01.2008 um 16:48 Uhr).
Alt 14.01.2008, 22:32
Franz Franz ist offline

Hallo Milon,

Zitat:
das zeigt mir,dass du Mehrkanal nicht richtig verstehst.Du weißt doch garnicht was hinten abgemischt wird,oder hast du dich jemals ernsthaft mit der Materie Mehrkanal auseinandergesetzt ?
Darin will und muß ich dir Recht geben. Ich bin darin kein Fachmann, habe wenig Erfahrung damit. Ich habe vor einiger Zeit aber eine Mehrkanalanlage hören können im 150 000 €-Bereich. Als Vorführung lief diese hier, die ich wirklich sehr gut kenne:

Da kam das Schlagzeug von hinten. Also, wenn daß die Illusion einer Authentizität fördern soll.

Aber ich gebe gerne zu, daß mich diese Vorführung unrettbar vom Mehrkanal entfernt hat. Es liegt also an meinem Vorurteil. Manchmal pflegen wir alle solche Vorurteile. Ich bin mir dessen aber wenigstens bewußt. Für mich bleibt das auch Gimmick, was aber nichts daran ändert, daß ich euch eure Begeisterung für Mehrkanal nicht schlechtreden will. Nur für mich ist das nichts.

Allerdings habe ich auch schon eine Mehrkanal-Vorführung erlebt mit unbezahlbarem Equipment, wo die software auch darauf hervorragend abgestimmt war.

Gruß
Franz
Alt 14.01.2008, 22:49
audiohexe audiohexe ist offline
Zickie-Mickie

Hallo Franz,

ich habe schon Mehrkanal gehört - und dabei Film gesehen, und das war einfach Klasse!

Musik, so bin ich es gewöhnt, spielt sich meist vorne ab. Neben und hinter mir sind oftmals die Blödschwätzer und -gröler, die Pfeifer, oder die Schneuztuch-Zupfer und Verhalten-aber-ständig-Huster... die möchte ich bei der Musikwiedergabe zu Hause nicht auch noch haben.

Beim Konzert kann ich's nicht ändern, und beim Rockkonzert gröle ich laut, aber falsch mit, um mich nicht von der Masse zu distanzieren

Und nun verstand ich es, das Geheimnis der Musik, ich verstand, warum sie allen anderen Künsten so turmhoch überlegen ist: Es ist ihre Körperlosigkeit.
Wenn sie sich einmal von ihrem Instrument gelöst hat, dann gehört sie wieder ganz sich selbst, ist ein eigenständiges freies Geschöpf aus Schall, schwerelos, körperlos, vollkommen rein und in völligem Einklang mit dem Universum.
(von Walter Moers)
Alt 14.01.2008, 23:29
wgh52 wgh52 ist offline
Aktiv-LS Fan

Freunde, ich sage "WOW"!

Was für eine nette, lehrreiche Diskussion!

Der Julian Turner Artikel hatte grossen Einfluss bei meiner Entscheidung Trinaural mal anzufgehen.

Aber ich bin nicht bereit mein Wohnzimmer für einen Versuch gleich völlig umzubauen. Das Sideboard kann vorerst nicht weg, darum soll der Center draufstehen. Dieser erste Schritt muss klar reproduzierbare Vorteile gegenüber Normal-Stereo bringen, dann kann ich weiter verbessern (oder ich baue wieder zurück und meine Frau ist froh).

Ich habe schon verstanden, und kann nachvollziehen, dass der mittlere LS eigentlich der beste von allen sein muss. Ich kann zur Zeit aber keine N802 kaufen oder stellen! Im Zweifel habe ich noch einen Subwoofer zur Verfügung...

Wie gesagt hat der Center die gleiche Bestückung (und Weiche) wie die Seitenlautsprecher, das sollte doch helfen, denke ich, denn dann sind die Boxenfrequenzgänge sehr ähnlich oder leicht sehr ähnlich zu machen (mit meinen digitalen Frequenzweichen geht das).

Mal sehen wie's wird.

Gruss,
Winfried
Alt 15.01.2008, 01:52

Hallo Winfried,

wenn Du Lust dazu hast kannst Du mich mal besuchen bevor du loslegst!

Warum schreibe ich das?

Da ich mich jetzt ein Jahr intensiv mit dem Thema beschäftige,freue ich mich über jeden,der sich dafür interessiert!

Gruß

Claus
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht